samedi 19 février 2011

DEADSTAR reçoit les encouragements de David DeFeis (VIRGIN STEELE - Chant)


Hi Francois,
Thanks for your message. Yes I have been quite busy with the new album, and now I am quite busy with the promotion, but I did listen to your Work, and I have the following thoughts... I like the atmosphere (I know & enjoy the Candyman movie you are basing it on). I think the sounds you are using are all very well thought out, the recording quality is really very, very good, and the playing is all strong. You have some nice mournful melodies and chord sequences as well! But I do think that without any accompanying movie/visuals, the tracks often tend to plod along a bit and take too long to achieve their goal. By that I don't mean the slow tempos. What I mean is that they remain harmonically in one place for too long, which can make a piece stagnant. This may be fine when you are actually watching a film, but as a listening experience more action is often required. More development in terms of your harmonic progressions and variations in rhythm, would make the Work more vibrant. Or perhaps some editing could be another possible choice. But again...very well done, well crafted and performed. I say "Hail" to you!

BY THE GODS,

David

Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire